DA_M8 Advanced series: RCT-Mastering Set up and assisting for Root canal treatment in adults and children
(DA5) Advanced series for DAs (RCT): Mastering Set up and assisting for Root canal treatment in adults and children
Practice Owners: Never feel stressed again about the skill levels of your DA. Relax and enjoy your dentistry, focus on the procedure and not on your assistant.
Stop stressing and thinking for your DA, or checking if they have set up everything you need for the RCT procedure, or whether they will be able to assist you.
We want you to focus on your dentistry. Leave all the training to us at Just Excel.
If you are a busy practitioner and do not have the time or resources to train them yourself, then this course might interest you.
Let us equip your DA with these skills in 1 day and bring her up to speed with everything they need to know about assisting you well for RCT procedures
Remember, this is not taught in their basic DA certificate 3 programme, further training is needed.
Your DA will leave with worksheets, and checklists that they can implement immediately in your practice.
The best part is that we can tailor make this to your practice specifically if you tell us what systems and files you use.
Dental Assistants: Learn everything there is to learn about pulp therapy in adults and children and feel more confident at work
Advance your basic dental assisting skills to the next level. Learn how to assist for some more complex procedures such as Root canal treatment.
In a busy practice there is very little time for training and getting you up to speed with these procedures. There are several stages and so many things that are needed to be remembered and set up.
This is stressful when you don’t know what to do or what is expected of you and you are thrown into the deep end.
Reduce stress, enjoy your job, create value. Advance your career. Get the job satisfaction that you are after by advancing your skills and knowledge about everything you ever wanted to know about Root canal treatment.
Root Canal Treatment in adults
- Understand the 5Ws and the how of Root canal treatment (RCT) – the Why, When, Where, Why, What and How
- Understand the 3 different stages – Root Canal extirpation stage, Chemical and mechanical cleaning and shaping of the root canal, and Filling or Obturation of the root canal stages
- Learn how to set up and assist for the three different stages of RCT
- principles of cleaning canals and what is required to be set up
- principles of shaping canals and what is required to be set up
- principles of dressing canals and what is required to be set up
- principles of filling canals and what is required to be set up
- emergency drainage procedures
- instruments and hand pieces used for different stages
- types of rotary and hand files used
- different X-rays and holders
- rubber dam application, LA
- Understand dental terminology used in RCT and assist your dentist with Record keeping and note writing
- Learn how to assist for each stage with suction and triplex – 4-handed dentistry
- Understand work flow including inter appointment visits and referrals to specialists if needed
- Learn of the complications and risks and post op instructions at each stage
- Also learn of the other pulp therapy treatments in adults besides RCT
Root Canal Treatment in baby teeth
- Understand the 5Ws and the how of Pulp therapy in children (RCT) – the Why, When, Where, Why, What and How
- Understand the distinct differences betwen RCT in adults versus RCT in children’s teeth
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 8:45am - 4:00pm
- Students 0
- Assessments Yes