OHT_M1 Maximising scope, value adding and seamless workflow for Therapists and Dentists
(THER1) Maximising scope, value adding and seamless workflow. Are you ready to practice alongside the Dentist?
A dozen pointers and more
Are you bored and want to quit being a therapist as you do not feel challenged or engaged and seem to being doing the same scale and clean every day?
Do you feel that your dentist does not feel confident to utilise your scope of training fully?
Is the practice not as busy and you see only a few handful of patients each day?
Do you find it stressful working with the dentist and find handovers particularly difficult?
Are you new to the profession and are looking for a mentor and some guidance?
Are you an employer and want your therapist/hygienist to be more productive?
Are you thinking of hiring a therapist for your practice but unsure how they can be utilised?
If you answered YES to the above questions then this course is for you.
Adopt a effective time efficient routine for patient communication, compliance in record keeping, patient instructions, handover and triaging and reduce stress levels in handover with your dentists
This full day course will provide you with a good understanding of the following 15 key areas of practice and more:
- How to improve work flow, logistics, practice goals, and increase productivity
- Understanding and using technology, communication, reflective listening to educate patients and increase case acceptance
- Examination using checklists and discussing findings and treatment options with patients confidently using clinical, radiographic, and visual aids
- Strategic liaising and triaging with the Dentist for an ideal and effective handover using a structured approach
- Diagnosing and managing the 5 Categories of patients based on periodontal health
- Scheduling and rescheduling, increasing referrals, building patient base, management of dead time
- Communication essentials in managing patients with fears, phobias, special needs, and those with very sensitive teeth and strong gag reflex
- Restorations in children – tips and tricks to make it easier
- Working closely with the Dental Assistant for assisted hygiene and improve work flow
- Periodontal examination, clear and structured OHI, Record keeping, consent, automated notes
- Roster, Leave, Time and stress management tips to allow you to enjoy your chosen career
- Understanding the use of the “Emergency tool box” and basic principles of triaging with your dentist and team for emergency patients
- Mastering scope in areas of in chair whitening and the delivery of trays for medicaments, Splinting and stabilisation of teeth, taking impressions, pouring moulds and making appliances
- Assisting your dentist with Orthodontic assessments using checklists and monitoring of removable, fixed, and myofunctional orthodontic appliances
- Screening for snoring and sleep disordered breathing
The power to make a strong positive impact on patient care, case acceptance, productivity and referrals is in your hands.
Learn the ropes, extend yourself, maximise your scope, reduce stress, enjoy your profession more and feel the difference.
Total of 6CPD points are available
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 9am - 5pm
- Students 3
- Assessments Yes