DA_M9: Advanced series for DAs (FP): Mastering Set up and assisting for Fixed Prosthodontic procedures such as Crown, Bridge, Veneers and Implants
- Price quoted is per person for an Online-Self Paced course.
- If there are 3 or more members from the same group who wish to attend, then this course can be delivered Online-Live (9am-5pm)
- Group discounts are also offered. Please contact us before purchasing the course.
- Alternatives: If you prefer that I deliver the course Face-to-Face onsite or at premises of your choice – please contact me re: travel costs. (Note: I am based in the Southern Gold Coast region and there are no additional costs to travel within a 150km radius.)
- Please contact us on 0407732297 or send an email to [email protected] with your needs and let us help you
Dental Practitioners/Practice Owners: Never feel stressed again about the knowledge and skill levels of your DA. Relax and enjoy your dentistry, focus on the procedure and not on your assistant.
Stop stressing and thinking for your DA, or checking if they have set up everything you need for the the procedure on hand, or whether they will be able to assist you well.
We want you to focus on your dentistry. Leave all the training to us at Just Excel. Reward your staff with the best gift of continuing education and reap the benefits.
If you are a busy practitioner and do not have the time or resources to train them yourself, then this course will interest you.
Let us equip your DA, in 1 day, with the knowledge and skills required to assist you efficiently in preparing for crowns, bridges, or implants
Remember, this is not covered thoroughly in their basic Dental Assisting Certificate III programme, additional training is needed for these advanced procedures to get them up to speed.
Your DA will leave with worksheets, and checklists that they can implement immediately in your practice.
The best part is that we can tailor make this to your practice specifically if you tell us what you use in your practice.
Dental Assistants: Learn everything there is to learn about crowns, bridges , veneers and implants and feel more confident at work
Advance your basic dental assisting skills to the next level. Learn how to assist for some more complex procedures such as Fixed Prosthodontics
In a busy practice there is very little time for training and getting you up to speed with these procedures. There are several stages and so many things that are needed to be remembered and set up.
This is stressful when you don’t know what to do or what is expected of you and you are thrown into the deep end.
Reduce stress, enjoy your job, create value. Advance your career.
Get the job satisfaction that you are after by advancing your skills and knowledge about everything you ever wanted to know about crowns, bridges , veneers and implants and feel more confident at work
Crowns, Bridges and Veneers
- Understand the 5Ws and the how of these procedures – the Why, When, Where, Why, What and How
- Understand the different stages – Preparing the tooth (cutting the tooth down), retracting the gum, Taking/Scanning impressions, Preparing the temporary, Cementing
- Learn how to set up and assist for all the stages
- Learn about the
- the various burs that are used for cutting
- how impressions are taken, various trays, various impression materials
- gum retraction and how this is doand what is needed
- the many instruments and materials that are needed for various stages
- the fitting and checking stages and what is needed
- the cementation process both temporary and permanent
- rubber dam application, LA
- Understand dental terminology used in fixed prosthodontics and assist your dentist with record keeping and note writing
- Learn how to assist for each stage with suction and triplex – 4-handed dentistry
- Understand work flow including inter appointment visits, lab work required, appointment scheduling
- Learn of the complications and risks and post op instructions required to be given at each stage
Stainless steel crowns and cosmetic crowns in baby teeth
- Learn of the different crowns (stainless steel and cosmetic) available for children
- Understand how the preparation and set up differs from adults
- Learn the basic set up for simple implant placement and other stages
- Learn how to assist for the various stages
- Various types of X-rays and stents required
- Familiarise yourself with
- materials used
- various types of implants and their parts
- instruments used
- hand pieces and torque settings
- Record keeping and note writing related to implants
- Understand work flow including lab procedures, reviews and referrals if needed
- Learn all the steps of placing mini implants
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Online self-paced or Live Online (min 3 persons needed)
- Language English
- Students 165
- Assessments Yes