Supercharge your Dental Assisting skills and expand your role: Move to the next level. Advance to be a senior Dental Assistant/Clinic Co-ordinator. Challenge Yourself. Grow.
- Price quoted is per person for an Online-Self Paced course.
- If there are 3 or more members from the same group who wish to attend, then this course can be delivered Online-Live (9am-5pm)
- Group discounts can be offered. Please contact us before purchasing the course.
- Please contact us on 0407732297 or send an email to [email protected] with your needs and let us help you
Advance beyond the basic skills of dental assisting to work with the dentist in a way that makes your job interesting, more fun and reduces stress and at the same time allows the Dentist to focus on their Dentistry making their job easier at the same time and provide better patient care.
Like a well practiced ballet, choreograph and practice your assisting skills with what the Dentist of today needs to practice in a fast paced, busy environment and more.
Become that invaluable member that the Dentist admires, seeks out and loves to work with.
Keep up with the new technologies and treatments, the degree of record keeping and informed consent required to be maintained these days and learn how to assist the dentist with using templates
- We are a busy practice and keeping up with all the jobs is stressful
- Workflow for DAs is messy and unco-ordianted
- To do Cleaning, oiling, sterilising, maintaining steri logs, processing burs & instruments, distributing them back into the rooms, stocking rooms, keeping lab area clean, managing lab work, clearing rubbish, wiping down rooms, setting up for procedures, assisting, managing stock levels … is hard work especially as it is so ad hoc
- There is always this back log of steri
- Everyone does things at their own pace and differently
- We are always chasing up lab work and there are many errors in sending and receiving jobs
- Rooms are not stocked properly and things like burs and hand instruments go missing
- We keep running out of stock
- When things break down no one knows what to do
- There is no one to take over lunch breaks or tea breaks
- When there are emergencies, wish someone else could help set up the room
- Difficult children or even adults need special care and communications – wish everyone was trained
- We need a proper system to manage the work flow
Content: What this workshop offers is a practical, simplified and easy approach to taking your Assisting skills to the next level immediately. Be the leader. Take on the Lead role to co-ordinate how the clinical side of things runs.
The key topics we will cover in 8 weeks and implement are:
- What is the role of a Dental Clinic-Coordinator?
- What are the areas of Responsibilities/ Job Description?
- What is the advantage of having a Dental Clinic-Coordinator position in the practice?
- What skills sets/ performance levels are needed for this job?
- Streamlining tasks for better daily clinic work flow
- Clinic Co-ordination duties including stock management
- Advanced communications with team
- Equipment breakdown and maintenance
- Extended duties to improve dentist work flow
- Triaging for new patients, emergencies, and squeeze-ins
- Managing phobic and difficult children and adults, the elderly, and patients with special need
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Online self-paced
- Language English
- Students 108
- Assessments Yes