- Great Value Course as it is Bundled with ALL_M1 Dentistry for all Support Staff
PM1_How to be an effective Dental Practice Manager: 15 Key Responsibilities
This course is delivered Online and is for Practice Owners and anyone wanting to excel in their role of a Practice Manager.
In a small business, the Practice Owner does many of the jobs of a Practice Manager. However, as you scale your business and if you enjoy your Dentistry and want to focus on the clinical side of things, the administration and running of the business needs to be handed over to a trained person. This training is often missing and sometimes, a Practice Manager has no previous experience of working in a dental practice.
Common challenges expressed by practice managers:
- I have too much on my plate and constantly feel I am not on top of things
- I am in charge of rosters, payroll, staff training, attendance, performance, hiring and firing, stock ordering, equipment maintenance, Business reporting, managing patient complaints, advertising, marketing, keeping up with lab bills, accounting and more
- It is a horrible feeling having all these unfinished jobs
- I know I am not doing a good job and I question myself if I am cut out for this role
Don’t let the different day to day tasks bog you down from looking at the big picture as a practice manager and the visionary. In today’s era of technology and computing automate repetitive tasks to save time and be more efficient. Train and Delegate jobs to staff members correctly and set them up for success. Streamline processes so the practice flows smoothly.
Learn how to Automate, Delegate and streamline practice management processes.
We strongly recommend that every practice Manager also complete our course called ALL_M1: Dentistry for Dental Support Staff. If done together, it is cheaper.
This course (PM1_How to be an effective Dental Practice Manager: 15 Key Responsibilities) is designed by a Dentist and a Practice Manager and brings the insights and industry knowledge of both parties to the content delivered. Together we have nearly 50 years experience in the dental Industry.
This course + the basic Dentistry course will empower your appointed Practice Manager to:
- Understand Dentistry: why patients call us, what we offer, item number, fees etc (See course ALL_M1)
- Business of Dentistry: Overview of Overheads and production goals
- Understand the role and responsibilities of a PM
- Deliver on the key job responsibilities without being overwhelmed
- Divide the day to manage different aspects of the business
- Delegate jobs to key staff and hold them accountable
- Use modern tools to manage the numerous tasks
- Reduce stress for themselves and for the team
- Become more confident in Leading the team and be a great Leader
This first step in learning about the role and how to deliver the key functions should then be followed up with training in the individual areas of Practice Management. This is similar to a DA learning the basic role of a DA and how to set up and assist for Exam, Cleans and Fillings, and then progressing to learn about Oral Surgery, Root Canal, Crown and Bridge, Implants, and even Orthodontics.
Every area of Practice Management is different and needs different strategies and focus. Learning how to be a Dental Practice Manager is the first step and this course provides the sound foundation for the job.
We strongly recommend that every practice Manager must also complete our course called “ALL_M1: Dentistry for Dental Support Staff. This is because, we believe that the Leader must have sound industry knowledge to walk and talk the same lingo as the rest of the crew.
Imagine flying with a Pilot with no knowledge of Aviation!
For further details about this course please contact us.
Email: [email protected]
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Online self-paced
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Yes