DA_M1: Extended role of DA in better patient communication and handover to Dentists to facilitate better and more effective patient care
- Price quoted is per person for an Online-Self Paced course.
- If there are 3 or more members from the same group who wish to attend, then this course can be delivered Online-Live (9am-5pm)
- Group discounts are also offered. Please contact us before purchasing the course.
- Alternatives: If you prefer that I deliver the course Face-to-Face onsite or at premises of your choice – please contact me re: travel costs. (Note: I am based in the Southern Gold Coast region and there are no additional costs to travel within a 150km radius.)
- Please contact us on 0407732297 or send an email to [email protected] with your needs and let us help you
Describing Procedures, Giving Post op instructions, Handover
- Dentist wants me to communicate more with patients, but I don’t want to sound unprofessional
- My dentist is very busy and has to go into 2 hygiene rooms to do check ups. How can I help?
- I would like to be able to tell patients more about the procedure when they ask me
- How do I go about checking their medical and dental history
- Dentist says I should explain costs to patient but it seems so complex
- I would like to give post-op instructions but am afraid I will miss things
- I could help with printing consent and financial forms if I am shown how
- I really don’t know what to say to patients besides exchanging some pleasantries
- I have not been trained to discuss dental procedures or risks
- My previous dentist used to not allow us to talk to patients and said we were to be seen only!
- I am afraid I will say the wrong things and come across as being unprofessional.
- I am not confident of explaining dental procedures to patients or giving post-op instructions or discussing fees
Timeliness, Team work, Triage, and Trust – The DA T4 code
- Running late, squeeze-ins, poor team work, and lack of trust … it’s stressful
- When Dentist runs late or there are squeeze-ins, everyone is under the pump
- Often, I have to work through the lunch hour to bring the sterilisation up to date
- We hardly ever finish up on time and I get home late. It is hard as I have young children who rely on me
- There is very little team work and I don’t like asking for help
- Everyone seems to think that ‘someone’ will pick up the slack but no one knows who that is
- I want to trust my team mates to do the right thing but often this does not happen
- There is a lot of back stabbing that goes on. No one wants to say anything directly. I just keep quiet.
- I wish I had better skills in conflict management and was able to talk to other staff members directly
Click Here to download course content
Any questions please do not hesitate to call us on 0407732297 or send us an email : [email protected]
- Lectures 0
- Quizzes 0
- Duration Online-Self Paced or Online-Live (min 3 people needed)
- Language English
- Students 1
- Assessments Self
Curriculum is empty